Ear mites are a common problem faced by cat, especially in outdoor cats. It is a communicative disease that is more commonly passed from one pet to another. A treatment for reliving the problems of ear mites in cats is the Otomite Plus. The Otomite Plus is a constituent of synergized pyrethrins which is an excellent product for treating ear mites without irritations. This product is manufactured by Virbac AH. The Otomite Plus is also available in a 14.7 ml bottle.
Otomite Plus – Dosage and Administration
Pursue the following steps for administering the Otomite Plus:
- The ears of the cat should be washed properly before applying the Otomite Plus. You can cleanse it with a pH ear cleanser like Vet Solutions ear cleaner.
- Now take sufficient amount of the Otomite Plus and apply it into each ear of the cat. That is, you have to wet the external canal of the ears.
- Massaging the ears well which allows for proper spread of the solution inside the ears.
You can repeat this process for at least every 7 days. This depends on the severity of the condition faced by your cat. Once the vet diagnosis the problem he will prescribe the dosage levels depending on the various factors of your cat. You can give the treatment for two times a week. If you do not find any improvement, you can discontinue the treatment and consult your vet for checking on the negative reactions. You can reuse the ear cleaner after treatment from the Otomite Plus.
Otomite Plus – Cautions
This product should be given to cat only of 12 weeks of age or older.
- The Otomite Plus is only meant for animals and poses high danger for humans. It should also be kept away from children.
- The product should not come in contact with the skin. It is very harmful if absorbed through the skin and you have to consult your vet immediately.
- Even contact with the clothing should not be made. It is harmful for you. If any such contacts are made by mistakenly then seek immediate medical help.
All the details of first aid and safety are mentioned on the product package, refer to that.
Originally posted 2015-05-11 05:55:16.